“A picture is worth a thousand words” is a wonderful expression. According to Wikipedia, it’s an English language adage meaning that complex and sometimes multiple ideas can be conveyed by a single still image, which conveys its meaning or essence more effectively than a mere verbal description. That being the case, I’ll save my words for another time and just link to an amazing array of compelling 2020 photo collections from various publications. It was quite a year. You might not want to remember it, but it’s one you’ll never forget!
Best Photos of 2020
- A Year Like No Other (2020 in photos, by the New York Times)
- The Most Striking Images of 2020 (from the BBC)
- A Year Like No Other (from The Times in the UK)
- 2020 Souvenirs, in Pictures (from The Guardian)
- A World in Distress (2020 photos from the AP)
- Best Photos of 2020 (from My Modern Met)
- Top 100 Photos from 2020 (via TIME)
- Wrapping Up the Year (2020 in photos from The Atlantic)
- Pictures of the Year, 2020 (from Reuters)
- Year in Pictures (from National Geographic)
- The Best 2020 Photos from Around the World (via Al Jazeera)
- The Year in Pictures (from CNN)
No way, no how can these all be viewed in one sitting. Powerful images such as these need to be taken in slowly and digested over time. It’s a small world made even smaller by these photos. Count blessings, increase compassion, and act in kindness.