Via God Save the Points you can fly Delta premium economy on their new Airbus A350 starting at under $750 roundtrip to Asia.
More often than not coach is more expensive than this and premium economy is similar to flying an upgraded domestic first class — much more room and personal space than flying in back.
It appears that the greatest availability at these prices is for the fall.
Here are some sample Google Flights searches:
The key here is that you want to fly Delta’s new A350s. You don’t want to fly, for instance, a Boeing 767 through Seattle because though that may be cheaper you won’t actually be in premium economy.
And make no mistake — this is cheap for premium economy. In fact for Los Angeles – Shanghai it’s a base fare of just $150 each way plus taxes and surcharges.
Key rules for fare basis VLGO7PPA:
- Travel permitted Sunday through Thursday in each direction
- Outbound flight must be taken October 17 – December 9
- 60 day advance purchase required, the fare must but ticketed by September 30 but this deal will not last that long.
- 7 day minimum stay required, 6 month maximum stay
- Stopover at the international gateway city permitted for $100
- Non-refundable, $300 change fee
Though we did see Delta premium economy from $597 back in January this remains one of the least expensive premium economy deals we’ve seen, and it’s likely available from other cities too.